August 19

Policies for this Weblog

How to Use the Blog with respect

Although some of you may use Instant Messaging or other forms of electronic “talk,” I want to establish some guidelines for using this Blog site right from the start because I view this site as a digital extension of our classroom. This means that any rules or expectations I have for you in the classroom are the same rules and expectations I have for you here in Cyberspace, with one main exception: Do Not Use Your Last Name on the Blog.

*First of all, be aware that I will be able to identify you through your email address (I have the software available to do so). So think carefully about what you write and how you write.

*Second, be respectful. So, try not to write anything that would make people frightened, angry, upset or embarrassed. It’s ok to ask thoughtful questions, even on sensitive subjects, but do so in tactful, polite manner.

Third, keep it clean! Avoid swears and other topics that are inappropriate in a classroom setting. (Remember,t his Blog is an extension of our classroom).

*Finally, if in doubt about writing what you’re thinking, leave it out!

If you have any questions/concerns please let me know right away.

-Mr H.